Think that renewables can’t sustain high industrial heat? Listen in to learn how storing energy as heat is allowing companies that rely on high industrial heat to reconsider renewables as a cheap and emission-free fuel source.
John O’Donnell joins Alex to look at how renewables could become a competitive option for fuelling energy-intensive and high heat processes. With industrial emissions being the biggest contributors to CO2, being able to reliably use renewables to fuel high heat would be a major win. John talks about the challenge of industrial heat and why it’s often overlooked in climate discussions, the market opportunity and how Rondo’s tech allows industrials to look seriously at renewables.
- To find out more about Rondo and its technology: https://www.rondo.energy/
- To connect with John O’Donnell click here
- Thinking about joining the Rondo team? click here for more information on Rondo careers
- Interested in Decarb Connect? Find out more about our mission to accelerate industrial decarbonisation here. Decarb Connect focuses on the acceleration of industrial decarbonization around the globe. We do this by facilitating collaborations across the emerging decarbonization ecosystem – bringing together industrials (cement, metals and mining, glass, ceramics, chemicals, O&G), technology disruptors, investors and advisors.
- Through our membership platform, the Decarbonization Leaders Network (DLN), we gather a cross-sector of energy-intensive industries to share insights and experiences from those leading industrial decarbonization.
- Contact us to learn more or to get involved in the podcast series: email@example.com
Many thanks to Sassy at Janno Media for her support of this series.
Listen on Spotify Here.