Carbon to value - Converting the carbon from problem waste product to high value asset
Join Alex and learn about Greentown Labs and Cleantech Initiatives’ Carbon to Value (C2V) Initiative
The Carbon To Value (C2V) Initiative: two leading accelerators have joined forces to create an industry-leading program to commercialise early stage carbontech, creating value from CO2.
In this episode, Emily Reichert and Pat Sapinsley join Alex to talk about their joint C2V initiative, an accelerator taking the first carbon to value cohort through a program to drive scale and commercial opportunity in this cutting-edge category of climate tech.
We define carbontech as any technology or business model innovation that enables the capture, utilisation or sequestration of carbon dioxide and which can then convert it (sustainably) into valuable products or services. The conversation takes this as the starting point and explores how c2v tech fits as a key tool within industry’s wider decarbonisation plans and looks into the solutions that are ready right now versus those in early R&D.
Join us to find out how C2V tech might fit into your industrial strategy or investment portfolio and to learn more about the program and the cohort that has been confirmed.
- Learn more about the Carbon to Value (C2V) Initiative
- Read more on New York City’s climatetech innovation hub for clean energy
- Find out more about Greentown Labs
- Find out more about Decarb Connect
- To stay updated on Decarb Connect’s podcast, summits, reports and webinars, join the Decarb Connect Newsletter
- Watch more Decarb Connect podcast episodes
- Follow Decarb Connect on LinkedIn
C2V Cohort Links:
- Air Company (New York City, U.S.)
- Carbfix (Reykjavík, Iceland)
- CarbonFree (San Antonio, U.S.)
- CarbonQuest (New York City, U.S.)
- Cemvita Factory (Houston, U.S.)
- CERT (Toronto, Canada)
- Made of Air (Berlin, Germany)
- Mars Materials (Oakland, U.S.)
- Patch (San Francisco, U.S.)
- Planetary Hydrogen (Dartmouth, Canada)
Decarb Connect supports the acceleration of industrial decarbonisation around the globe. We share insights and facilitate collaborations across the emerging decarbonisation ecosystem. We look specifically at the most energy-intensive industrials from cement, metals and mining, glass, ceramics, chemicals, O&G and many more and help connect them to technology disruptors, investors and advisors.
Through the Decarbonisation Leaders Network (DLN), our members (a cross-sector network of those leading decarbonisation in energy-intensive industries) share insights and experiences as they accelerate their Net Zero plans. Check out Decarb Connect’s offerings and learn about the Decarbonisation Leaders Network members, meetups and benefits.
If you enjoyed this conversation, take a look at many more conversations and discussions about industrial decarbonisation taking place across Decarb Connect’s global event series.
Contact us to learn more or to get involved in the podcast series: email@example.com
Many thanks to Janno Media for their support and expertise in the edit and production of our series.