Heat pump innovation: Decarbonising industrial steam and heat
Andrei Klochko joins Alex to explore how heat pump technology is scaling to take on the heat and steam requirements of industry
For many working on decarbonisation of industry, the typical roadmap includes renewables, ccus, hydrogen and energy efficiency. But with heat pump tech stepping up to the industrial landscape, this podcast is a chance to hear from an innovator already working on industrial levels of heat and steam production.
Right now, Airthium supports industrial heat requirements between 100 and 550°C which is around 15-20% of worldwide industrial heat demand. With technology in development that aims to deliver even higher temperatures, listen in to learn about Airthiums approach and the types of clients that they are targeting.
We look at the cost and co2 comparison with investment in renewables, the space requirements and the market segments that can benefit from this technology right now.
Learn about the applications that work now, but also the future for seasonal energy storage and higher heat requirements.
- Learn more about Airthium’s two-step strategy to decarbonize the electrical grid: https://airthium.com
- If you’re interested in being a seed-investor in Airthium, check out their Wefunder page: https://wefunder.com/airthium
- Connect with Alex Cameron, Founder of Decarb Connect (and maybe even join a future podcast episode)
- Learn more about Janno Media, sponsor of the Decarb Connect podcast, and how they help drive strong connections with your market through podcasts and other content.
- Join us at our European decarbonisation event in June 2023 or at one of our events in the US or Canada or choose a webinar to get up to date industrial decarbonisation intel.
Want to learn more about Decarb Connect? We’re a platform which supports the acceleration of industrial decarbonization around the globe. We look specifically at the most energy-intensive industrials from cement, metals and mining, glass, ceramics, chemicals, O&G and many more and help connect them to technology disruptors, investors and advisors.
Through our Decarbonization Leaders Network (DLN), our members share insights and experiences as they accelerate their net zero plans across the hard to abate sectors. Check out our full offering and learn more about our members, summits, reports and webinars.
If you enjoyed this conversation, take a look at many more conversations and discussions about industrial decarbonisation taking place across our global event series
Our Production Partner and Sponsor
Many thanks to our production partner and sponsor Janno Media for their support in delivering this podcast. They continue to facilitate great conversations that connect us with our audience, and their skills and expertise mean we can concentrate exclusively on generating great content to engage, inform and inspire.