Shortening the time from demonstration to commercialisation of new industrial decarbonisation tech
Tune in to this discussion on the scaling of decarbonisation tech to reach Net Zero with Dr Gbemi Oluleye from Imperial College
The climate challenge (and current Net Zero commitments) mean that industry needs solutions that can go from innovation to commercial scale much more rapidly than usual. We need decarbonisation tech and business models to scale quickly – so what types of simultaneous innovations are required of policy, business models and technology to ensure that we decarbonise industry in time for Net Zero 2040/2050?
Industry, policy, technology challengers and consumers – all of us play a role in accelerating the time it will take for decarbonisation innovation to get to commercial scale. Alex talks with Dr Gbemi Oluleye to explore how the wider system could come together to influence scalability of tech.
This episode is for you if you’re considering investment in an early-stage tech if you’re involved in policy or if you’re an industrial wondering how you’ll meet critical CO2 commitments. If you’re new to the field of industrial decarbonisation, our discussion about the challenges for scaling technologies that work quickly enough is a great starting point for immersing yourself in the subject. The conversation also examines emerging opportunities including Decarbonisation As Service and Decarbonisation System Orchestration.
- Industrial decarbonisation: Shrinking the time from research to technology adoption
- Decarbonising industry: how much policy-driven adoption is needed to let the market take over
- A mountain to climb? Tracking progress in scaling up renewable gas production in Europe
- A Novel Optimisation Framework to Support Increased Uptake of Low Carbon Industrial Energy Systems
- View Dr Oluleye’s profile on Imperial College London Webpage
- Find out more about Decarb Connect
- To stay updated on Decarb Connect’s podcast, summits, reports and webinars, join the Decarb Connect Newsletter
- Watch more Decarb Connect podcast episodes
- Follow Decarb Connect on LinkedIn
Decarb Connect supports the acceleration of industrial decarbonisation around the globe. We share insights and facilitate collaborations across the emerging decarbonisation ecosystem. We look specifically at the most energy-intensive industrials from cement, metals and mining, glass, ceramics, chemicals, O&G and many more and help connect them to technology disruptors, investors and advisors.
Through the Decarbonisation Leaders Network (DLN), our members (a cross-sector network of those leading decarbonisation in energy-intensive industries) share insights and experiences as they accelerate their Net Zero plans. Check out Decarb Connect’s offerings and learn about the Decarbonisation Leaders Network members, meetups and benefits.
If you enjoyed this conversation, take a look at many more conversations and discussions about industrial decarbonisation taking place across Decarb Connect’s global event series.
Contact us to learn more or to get involved in the podcast series: email@example.com
Many thanks to Janno Media for their support and expertise in the edit and production of our series.